Preliminary report into deadly Caboolture crash expected
THE preliminary report into the Caboolture skydiving plane crash that killed five people last month is expected to be released as early as this week.
Richard Batt, of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, said the report would outline the facts surrounding the tragedy.
"With a preliminary investigation, it's just factual information - no analysis at this stage," Mr Batt said.
"Obviously, it's still early days in the investigation."
Pilot Andrew Aitken, 24, skydiving instructors Glenn Norman and Juraj Glesk, and first-time parachutists Rahuia Hohua, 27, and her fiance Joseph King, 32, died when the Cessna 206 aircraft crashed at the Caboolture Airfield on March 22.
The aircraft had lifted off the ground and climbed to about 50 metres before banking left and crashing before bursting into flames.
"The investigation itself will take up to nine months or 12 months," Mr Batt said.
"The aim is to do a thorough and accurate report and to learn any safety lessons that can be learned to ensure such a tragic accident doesn't happen again."