Get an early start on Relish with degustation dinner
START your Relish Fraser Coast experience in the most delicious way possible with a degustation dinner at Muddy Waters on Friday night.
A panel of food and wine experts are promising an adventurous culinary journey through more than five courses, accompanied by some top drops.
Richard Burch from Howard Park Wines in Western Australia will lead the evening.
He plans to explain how to pick the perfect wine for your dish to turn every meal into a degustation dinner.
Tickets are still available at $95 a person.
The food and wine festival will get into full swing from 11am on Saturday.
There will be cooking demos, food and drink stalls, activities and live music at the Mary River Parklands on Wharf St.
My Kitchen Rules winners and Hervey Bay locals Dan and Steph will provide one of the cooking demos and host a meet and greet.
Councillor Darren Everard, a former butcher, will also do a demonstration.
He encouraged residents to come along and take part in the "culinary revolution" sweeping the Fraser Coast.
"We have taken the advice of Peter Howard, the master of food festivals, to ensure this event is an absolute success," he said.
- 11.35am - Bush Tucker Talk and Taste by Kingfisher Bay Resort
- 12.10pm - COAST Restaurant head chef Nick Street-Brown
- 1.25pm - My Kitchen Rules 2013 winners Dan and Steph
- 2.45pm - B & B Italian Flavours by chef Rocco from Villa Cavour
- 3.20pm - COAST Restaurant pastry chef Krista Graham
- 3.55pm - Steak with a difference by councillor Darren Everard
- 4.30pm - Bush Tucker Talk and Taste by Kingfisher Bay Resort