Stringer

Schoolgirl 'electrocuted' after lying on frayed iPhone cable

A TEENAGE girl reportedly died after being electrocuted while charging her iPhone 6.

Le Thi Xoan was found unconscious by her parents with the white device by her side in the Vietnamese region of Ha Tinh, local media reported.

Police said a "broken-down" charging brick and frayed cable were also found in the 14-year-old's bed. It is not thought those devices were made by Apple. 

Chief Tran Anh Son said the girl was rushed to hospital after she was discovered by her parents.

It is thought she was electrocuted after she rolled onto the device. Black burn marks were found on her bedding.

The Independent has contacted Apple for comment but none had arrived at the time of publication.



Multicultural celebration for all ages

Multicultural celebration for all ages

World full of dancing

Space to meet for a cuppa and a chat

Space to meet for a cuppa and a chat

Bless the meet and greet

SOS to Barnaby: Save Our Seats

premium_icon SOS to Barnaby: Save Our Seats

Nervous MPs want Barnaby Joyce to campaign for them ... they’ll pay.

Local Partners