Sex charges, alleged threat to chop sex worker's hands off
AN ANGRY customer who allegedly threatened to cut a sex worker's hands off also faces child sex charges.
The man in his late 30s was indicted at Ipswich District Court and had a bail application in Brisbane on Friday.
He faced sex charges including rape, as well as drugs charges.
Justice David Boddice said some charges were from more than a decade ago but others were more recent.
The man is accused of past sexual offending against children as far back as 2005.
But Justice Boddice told Brisbane Supreme Court one alleged rape or attempted rape happened only last year.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is also accused of assaulting a sex worker on May 12 last year.
Justice Boddice said the man had "difficulties" after allegedly paying the escort, so she allocated more time.
But the man "then seemed to have become enraged" and allegedly assaulted her and threatened to "cut off her hands".
The sex worker managed to get herself into a bathroom and the man left.
He was charged with assault occasioning bodily harm and granted bail, but then was accused of committing sex offences against a child.
The drug offences were also alleged to have happened last year when he was on bail.
The man was accused of having marijuana and testosterone.
The Crown opposed bail on Friday, citing an unacceptable risk of the man committing offences while on bail and interfering with witnesses.
Defence counsel Kate Juhasz said the man's risk could be reduced if he lived with his grandparents.
Justice Boddice said if the man ended up getting convicted, he would face a "very lengthy" prison term.
Bail was refused. -NewsRegional