Short circuit causes light fire at property

A LIGHT on the outside wall of a property in Hervey Bay caught on fire caused by a short circuit on Sunday night.

Around 8.30pm, the fire was reported to Queensland Fire and Emergency Services.

By the time crews arrived to the home, the fire was out.

Neighbours isolated the power and were cooling the wall with a garden hose.



NEW BUSINESSES: What's opened on the Fraser Coast this year

premium_icon NEW BUSINESSES: What's opened on the Fraser Coast this year

It has been a busy year for new businesses joining the region.

Council to vote on pruning options for Aquatic Centre trees

premium_icon Council to vote on pruning options for Aquatic Centre trees

Councillors will investigate options on pruning the centre's trees.

REVEALED: Luxurious million dollar Hervey Bay homes

premium_icon REVEALED: Luxurious million dollar Hervey Bay homes

See inside some of Hervey Bay's most luxurious homes.

Local Partners