Solar wiring starts fire at Pt Vernon home

A QUEENSLAND Fire and Emergency Service crew was called to a Point Vernon home after reports of a house fire.

The crew received the call to the Wodalla Mews St home about 2.50pm on Wednesday.

The owner of the home told the QFES the fire started around wiring in a solar panel power box.

A QFES service spokesman said the home owner isolated the power which extinguished the fire before the crew arrived.



Cows on the road? What you need to know

premium_icon Cows on the road? What you need to know

Police explain what happens when stray livestock wander onto roads.

Car v motorbike crash in Bay

premium_icon Car v motorbike crash in Bay

The motorcycle and car collided about 10.25am

BREAKING: Dingo destroyed after attack on child

premium_icon BREAKING: Dingo destroyed after attack on child

The boy was bitten on the hand by the dingo