Menu
News

Stove catches fire at home

Emergency services responded to reports of a house fire on Ann St.
Emergency services responded to reports of a house fire on Ann St. Inge Hansen

EMERGENCY crews were called to a Torquay home after receiving reports of a fire.

Initial reports suggested a stove at the home on Ann St caught fire about 12.15pm Monday.

A fire station officer said the thickness of smoke caused by the fire made the blaze seem much bigger than it was.

<<KEEP UP TO DATE WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY COVERAGE HERE>>

He said no one was injured in the blaze.

The officer told the Chronicle the stove had been badly damaged during the small blaze.

Topics:  fccommunity fcemergency queensland fire and emergency torquay



'If you want to stay alive don't swim in unprotected waters'

It is very sad to read of 40 lives lost in 47 days by drowning.

Loved ones will live with the tragedy forever.

First doctors to work at our hospital for entire intern

HANDS ON: New medical interns at Hervey Bay Hospital, Drs Simon Ma, Fathima Cassim, Kuan Ming Tan, Cassandra Steel, Winnie Lee, Matthew Cozier, Kendra Coufal and Tim Oksanen.

The eight doctors are the first permanent interns.

Works on Walker St worth the wait for business owners

STILL OPEN: Stage two of Maryborough's Walker Street roadworks will continue until May. Michelle Byrne of Michelle's Cutting Edge and Kelley Nancarrow of Kelley's Nails of Excellence want customers to know they will have parking and access in St Clair Avenue during road closures.

'If it gets too bad...we'll still do deliveries.'

Local Partners