The clubs’ questions about sports precinct put to council
SPORTING groups have raised a number of questions about the planned new sports precinct in Urangan which we've sent to the Fraser Coast Regional Council for a response.
The council said it would research the questions and address the concerns in a detailed response.
- Why is the precinct necessary and why was it proposed?
- Why was the site chosen and is the proposed location the only one available?
- Would it have made more sense to build the precinct near Dundowran-Eli Waters-Nikenbah, the growth corridor of Hervey Bay?
- What processes will the council follow from here to progress the sports precinct?
- When is it anticipated or targeted that construction on the precinct would begin?
- Will there be onsite storage facilities clubs can use to store equipment?
- Many clubs currently gain income through canteens, sausage sizzles, raffles etc - how is it anticipated the clubs will continue to generate this income at a shared precinct?
- Is there a lease or tenure term clubs will be offered on fields and buildings?
- Could the council have done any more to include the sporting groups in the planning process and find out what those groups wanted?
- Could the council have done any more to explain to the clubs involved how the precinct would affect them?