The Flash S2E03: Family of Rogues review
*potential spoilers lie ahead if you haven't seen up to season two episode three*
REVIEW: It was not as good as The Flash of Two Worlds but Family of Rogues was still a solid entry to arguably DC Comics' most popular current television program.
This week Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) was forced to go undercover with the Snart family to save the day, while Team Flash may have made a huge mistake concerning the portals.
Barry's decision to go undercover as a professional criminal was to help Leonard Snart, better known as Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller). His sister Lisa Snart (Peyton List) has a bomb implanted in her head by criminal father Lewis (Michael Ironside), which forces Captain Cold to help his old man.
This episode focussed more on the side stories than our main villain.
Zoom was nowhere to be seen, though the West family reunion plot was evolved.
Joe West (Jesse L.Martin) apologised to daughter Iris (Candice Patton) for the stories he told - and truths he hid - about his wife/her mother Francine (Vanessa Williams).
The team worked out how to stabilise one of the 52 portals to Earth-2 (this one in STAR Labs), even though it sounds a ludicrously silly idea when you consider the consequences of such an action.
While they want to figure out a way for Earth-2 speedster Jay Garrick to get home, they did not consider who would use the same portal to Earth-1 - and why it was in STAR Labs.
On which format do you watch the most content?
This poll ended on 27 October 2015.
Free to air
Foxtel (Pay TV)
This is not a scientific poll. The results reflect only the opinions of those who chose to participate.
A few more things:
- Dr Martin Stein (Victor Garber) collapsed again, but burst into the normal red flame of Firestorm THEN the not-before-seen blue flame. He recovered again but these are becoming a bit too frequent.
- A romance between Lisa Snart/Golden Glider and Cisco Ramon was teased again. A goodbye kiss sealed Cisco's greatest moment (he was quite proud) but we haven't seen the last of the Golden Glider.
- Earth-2's Harrison Wells arrived through Earth-1's portal in the post-title sequence. A very Terminator-like arrival, is Wells the man behind Zoom or is he really the man who saved Central City?
- The West family reunion continues. A touching moment between father and daughter was enough to make it slightly interesting, but it's one I hope does not take the whole season to resolve.
- Caitlin and Jay Garrick. If Earth-2's speedster leaves Caitlin will heartbroken - again. Caitlin Snow is Killer Frost in the comics - could Caitlin be one more heartbreak away from becoming a villain?
- Firestorm. Dr Stein's collapses are a bit too frequent, and his new blue flame is a concern. Will they find a new partner for Stein's Firestorm next week?
Tell us what you think in the comments below.
The Flash airs Wednesdays at 6.30pm (AEST) on Fox 8 (Channel 108).