Menu
News

Toaster sparks fire in kitchen

FIRE crews in Hervey Bay responded to a fire inside a Urangan home on Monday.

It is believed a small fire broke out about 9am in the kitchen where a toaster is understood to have caught fire.

Crews reported some fire damage in the kitchen area but no major structural damage had occurred.

<<KEEP UP TO DATE WITH LOCAL EMERGENCY COVERAGE AND FOLLOW THE TOPIC HERE>>

Two crews were sent out to the fire on Moonstone Dr but only one was required.

It is understood nobody was injured in the incident.

Topics:  fcemergency fcpolice fire urangan



Summer days, fireworks and leftovers: how to keep your pooch safe

SUMMER SAFETY: Brianz K9 Training owner Brian Collecott with Penelope, shares his top tips to keep your four-legged friend safe this festive season.

Fireworks, hot summer days and Christmas leftovers all pose a risk.

Fraser Island wins best family camping spot

Fraser Island has been voted the top camping spot in the 2017 Best Family Travel Awards by Out and About with Kids magazine.

More than 40,000 votes were cast across 20 categories.

Hotdog van to feed Hervey Bay partygoers all night

PARTY FEAST: Mongrel Hotdogs owner Rob Braddock serves customer Scott Burden outside Smokenleather.

The late night struggle to find food is over.

Local Partners