Want to do something other than vote this weekend?
A PLETHORA of activities from the Bay to Bauple are happening across the Fraser Coast this weekend.
- When: Every Friday lunch, noon.
- Where: Boat Club, Urangan.
- What: An over-55s social group for single people who enjoy dinners, camping, barbecues, games days, trivia night, dancing etc.
- Cost: $18 per year. Phone Marg on 4125 3165 or Michael 0431 471 014
Marina Twilight Markets
- When: Every Friday, 2.30-7.30pm.
- Where: Hervey Bay Marina, Urangan.
- What: Enjoy an evening stroll around the marina and browse the market stalls. Goodies on sale include scented products, clothing, jewellery and accessories, toys, arts and crafts. Phone 4125 2512.
- When: Friday and Saturday, 7.30pm, Sunday 2pm.
- Where: Z-PAC Theatre, Zephyr St, Scarness.
- What: The comedy based on the true story from the film of the same name continues its run on the Z-PAC stage.
- Cost: Adults $20, concession $17, group bookings of 10 or more $17.
- When: Friday and Saturday 7.30pm, Sunday 2pm.
- Where: Brolga Theatre, Maryborough.
- What: The Brolga Community Theatre group brings the highly successful Broadway production to the local stage.
- Cost: Adults $34, concession $30, students $18, family (two adults, two kids) $85.
Pier Park Family Markets
- When: Saturday, 7am-2pm. (Every first and third Saturday).
- Where: Pier Park, Urangan.
- When: Saturday, 8am-4pm; Sunday 9am-2pm.
- Where: Hervey Bay Community Centre, corner Charles St and Torquay Rd.
- What: The Rotary Club of Hervey Bay Sunrise is hosting a book sale of old library books to raise funds for the region's charities and the library. There will be a sausage sizzle and drinks on sale.
- When: Saturday, 9.30am (register from 8.30am).
- Where: Scarness Park.
- What: Help break the scooter convoy world record held by Canada. The convoy will head to the All Abilities Playground, where there will be a sausage sizzle and live entertainment.
Walk For Daniel
- When: Saturday, 9am.
- Where: Seafront Oval.
- What: In memory of Daniel Morcombe, the 3km walk starts at the Seafront Oval at 9am and goes to Enzo's at Scarness and back, followed by a family fun day until 5pm. Entry is a gold coin.
Zonta Spring Lunch
- When: Saturday, 11.30am.
- Where: Coast Restaurant.
- What: Enjoy a three-course meal at one of Hervey Bay's best restaurants and support Zonta's projects helping women in our community.
- Cost: $80. Phone 41242500 or 0408988904 to book.
- When: Saturday and Sunday.
- Where: River Heads.
- What: A weekend of events celebrating all things nautical. Head to new.riverheads.org.au for a detailed program.
Bauple Nut Bash
- When: Saturday, from 2pm until late.
- Where: Bauple Recreation Ground, 315 Bauple Dr.
- What: Join in the annual celebrations of Bauple's famous nut, with tug-of-war, old-fashioned games, a jumping castle, markets, entertainment and the nut-cracking competition. There will be food and drinks and a licensed bar.
- When: Sunday, 6am-noon.
- Where: Kruger Ct, Urangan.
- When: Every day during September
- Where: Hervey Bay Visitors Information Centre, 227 Maryborough-Hervey Bay Rd
- What: A display of acrylic and oil paintings featuring flora and fauna and local scenes by local award-winning artist, Janine Hunt.
- Cost: Free entry. All paintings for sale at reasonable prices.
Art in the Bay
- When: Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm
- Where: Gallery 5, Sandy St, Urangan
- What: Hervey Bay Art Society monthly exhibition provides residents and visitors with the opportunities to view experienced local artist in a range of mediums. This month is the Landscape Exhibition on display in a newly refurbished gallery.
- Cost: Free