Workshops at new printmaking facility at M'boro gallery
A NEW printmaking facility will be officially opened at Gatakers Artspace in Maryborough in September.
Maryborough artist Val McIntosh said the fully equipped, open-access studio, called Gatakers Printspace, was possible thanks to the generosity of Sue Flavel, the widow of local artist and printmaker Merv Flavel.
"It provides printmakers with two etching presses, an inking bench, large work table, drying rack, hot plate and essential tools," she said.
"It will be looked after by an enthusiastic group of printmakers who act as volunteer supervisors."
Five workshops will be held during the next five months for people interested in printmaking.
- July 27 - Introduction to Printmaking, 12.30-4pm, Val McIntosh
- August 31 - Drypoint etching, 10am-3pm, Jennifer Rogers
- September 7 and 14 - Collagraph prints, 10am-3pm, Carol Seeger
- October 19 - Relief prints, 10am-3pm, Tutor to be advised
- November 16 - Aluminium plate etching, 10am-3pm, Jennifer Rogers
All workshops cost $50 which includes materials and must be paid a week prior to the workshop.
Bookings can be made through Gataker's Artspace on 4190 5723.