‘It was almost like a popping noise inside my ear and the pain was so excruciating’

accident deaf mackay base hospital mowing plant townsville jcu hospital

28th March 2020 5:03 AM

A cult Kmart product that priced at just $3 nearly cost one boy his sight after a shock incident landed him in hospital.

accident aimee crowther kmart metal drinking straw

21st Feb. 2020 2:02 PM

A 12-year-old boy was rushed into emergency surgery to remove a huge metal spring lodged in his back after a freak...

accident boy freak accident injury parenting spring trampoline

05th Sept. 2019 3:09 PM

The grieving mother of a 12-year-old boy who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a gas-powered shower has spoken of her...

accident camping child death editors picks fatality gas shower safety tragedy

27th Oct. 2018 12:10 PM

NOT all fairytale weddings have a happy ending proven by the experience of this newlywed bride, who suffered from a freak...

accident boogie board bride editors picks medical newlywed paralysed

28th Sept. 2018 5:09 AM

WHAT started out as a normal shopping outing to her local Kmart turned out to be an unexpected tragedy for mum Hayley Skye...

accident kmart parenting toddler

08th July 2018 4:07 PM

A LITTLE boy endured hours of surgery and was last night still fighting for his life after being run over by a car driven...

accident car critical drug driver

12th March 2018 7:03 AM

A FATHER and grandfather have been charged over the accidental shooting of a five-year-old boy at a property west of...

accident charged gun safety shot

20th Feb. 2018 5:02 AM

SHE was short on sleep, and thought she had left her baby son in his cot. When she went to wake him, the awful truth of a...

accident death hot car parenting

01st Dec. 2017 11:12 AM

The heartbreak in the eyes of his mum and dad says it all.

accident drowning editors picks fctribute fraser coast

12th Oct. 2017 9:10 AM